Saturday, August 1, 2009

My written journal hasn't been much better than my online one; our days have been jam packed and I'm usually too tired to blog via my iPod when we get back. Nam isn't feeling well tonight, so he's asleep right now, giving me a chance to catch up on my writing. I have a terrible memory, so I'll have to recap through the pics on my camera, even though I can't post them yet.

Barcelona:
Aquarium-- lots of fish (duh). There's a moving path that takes you underneath the aquariums, which is pretty cool. Got to see lots of sharks, rays, tuna, etc.

Boqueria-- super big outside market with fresh foods, fruit, seafood, meats, etc. We try to go to restaurants only once, as to give other places a chance, but there was one seafood bar there where we simply had to go twice! Mussels and razor clams. Mmmmm. Also bought six passion fruits for 1.50 euro!! Soo good!

Gaudi-- saw a few of his works, took pictures of the outside, but neither of us were particularly interested in paying 20+ euros to wee the inside, so we'll just pretend we went in ;)

Bulls-- went to see the arena where the bull fights are held. Small museum, super smelly. Got to see the bulls too! The arena is huge. Wish we could have seen an actual bull fight.

Chocolate museum-- name is self explanatory. History and traditions of chocolate. Lots of chcolate displays too. Even our ticket in was a chocolate bar!!

Beach-- spent our last day in Barcelona lazing and relaxing by the beach. Aside from the unjust chair rentals, it was a pretty sweet day of just sun and sand. Yes, it was awesome.

Las Ramblas-- the heart of Barcelona. My fav part of the city. It's a long pedestrian strip full of craftsmen, artists, performers, vendors and restaurants. Definitely super touristy, but our hostel was right off the strip, so we went up and down often. Looooved it!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow homie... looks like a lot of fun. Where are you staying at and how you getting abouts?

I'm extremely jealous, as I've never done a eurotrip with a significant other like you. Nam's pretty awesome man. Huge props to him there.